Loading Events

« All Events

30 Days 30 Dollars Challenge

September 1 @ 12:00 am - September 30 @ 11:00 pm

Free

The 30 Days 30 Dollars challenge aims to promote Black-owned businesses across the city and increase capital flow to neighborhoods they are located in. GRABB Local economic empowerment initiative primarily seeks to raise the community’s awareness of Black-owned businesses while increasing the capital flowing to these businesses. Secondly, our intent is to aid in the sustainability of locally owned Black businesses that support families. By doing, we can increase employment opportunities for residents within neighborhoods of focus that will reduce the unemployment rate and begin revitalizing economically neglected neighborhoods.

GRABB Local challenges our community to purchase $30 or more in products and/or services from Black businesses in the Greater Grand Rapids Area through our #30days30dollars challenge. Our challenge seeks to slow the leakage of dollars leaving predominantly Black neighborhoods. The goal is to make the average dollar stay in Black neighborhoods longer than 6 hours (Nationally the current length of time dollars stay in Black neighborhoods). African American neighborhoods are neither creating nor building wealth because of the extreme leakage of dollars. 98% of dollars leave predominately African American neighborhoods leaving only 2% to start & support businesses, acquire assets that build personal wealth, provide supplemental educational opportunities for neighborhood children and invest in the upkeep and maintenance of their neighborhood.

Take the pledge to support Black businesses and economic equity!

Here’s how to support! First, sign up for the 30 Days 30 Dollars Pledge, support Black-owned businesses in Grand Rapids, and submit your receipt to GRABB Local 30days30dollars Challenge Receipt Upload.

30 Days 30 Dollars Pledge: https://forms.gle/ojitqzwaSuBF3ff1A 

30days30dollars Challenge Receipt Upload: https://forms.gle/BrwV7f7WdMkLZVKMA 

#TheShift

Details

Start:
September 1 @ 12:00 am
End:
September 30 @ 11:00 pm
Cost:
Free

Organizer

Grand Rapids Area Black Businesses

#30days30dollars

0 Going
RSVP Here